Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wax Museum

The third graders held there annual was museum on November 3rd. Nicholas chose to do his report on Milton Hershey. I thought this was very interesting because Nicholas does not like chocolate.

Nicholas made a great wax figure. He did not move a muscle throughout the entire event.
Good job Nicholas!

After the entire school and all the parents walked through the wax museum, the student read their speeches to their classes. Nicholas read a biography about Milton Hershey. He took notes from the book and wrote the speech by himself. Here is a copy of his speech (I copied it exactly).

Milton Hershey

My name is Milton Hershey. I was born in a stone farmhouse in Derry Township, Pennsylvania. I died October 13, 1945. I discovered chocolate. I lived in Pennsylvania. My first job is when I was thirteen in a printing press. I hated it because I was really clumsy and I got fired. After that I got a job in an ice cream and candy shop. I was very talented in making candy and ice cream. I first became famous for my caramel. Then I invented chocolate. I sold my caramel business for one million dollars. Then started making Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars. Then a couple years later started making Hershey's Kisses. I also made potato ice cream. One interesting thing I almost did was go on the Titanic. I hired people to build an elementary school for kids. I also invented caramel. I had a caring, helpful, and loving family. My wife, Kitty Sweeney, was ten years younger than me. I have traveled around the world.

I am very proud of Nicholas for working so hard on his project. He did a great job!!!

No comments: